Open Intelligence is an information technology and business solutions firm specializing in application and database development for the NIH scientific research community.
Application & Databases for Scientific Research Management
Open Intelligence is an information technology and business solutions firm specializing in application and database development for the NIH scientific research community. The leadership and developers at Open Intelligence offer a combined experience of over 30 years of contracting service to the Federal Government.
In addition to our technical expertise, we have a proven track record of efficient project management, agile methodologies, transparency in reporting, and clear and effective communication throughout the cycle of analysis, research, design and implementation.
Our clients praise our work, customer service, and innovative solutions.
2013 NIH Director’s Award
2014 NIH Director’s Award
2015 NIEHS Group Merit Award
What We Offer
Software Engineering & Application Development
Database Design & Modeling
Business Analytics & Intelligence
Business Process Automation
Programming Languages & Technologies
MS SQL Server
Who We Work For
National Institute of Health
NIH Office of the Director
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
US Environmental Protection Agency
Want to work with us?
Open Intelligence is seeking a Java Developer to become an integral part of our team.
You will be responsible for the ongoing development of an enterprise trainee tracking application and database for the National Institute of Health (NIH).
- Primary/Lead Full Stack Java Developer.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
- Work with our project manager (onsite) and NIH customers (offsite) to develop specifications.
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency.
- Create flowcharts and user guides for the application.
- Document all programming tasks and procedures.
- Perform routine software and database maintenance.
- Proven experience in software development, computer engineering, or other related fields.
- The application is written in Java and Groovy, runs on Grails framework and uses Hibernate.
- Experience with Groovy, Grails, Hibernate is preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience with HTML/CSS/Bootstrap preferred.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively.
- Care about the quality of your deliverables.
- Health Benefits and 401k (matching)
- Federal background check required for security clearance (45 day lead time)
- Position is onsite at our office near downtown Raleigh.
- Compensation matched with experience.
- We have the coolest office dog in the history of office dogs.
PO Box 1128
Raleigh, NC 27602
Founded August 2005
Active SAM Registration
NAICS Code 541511
Custom Computer Programming Services
Primary CAGE Code 4PW84