Application & Databases for Scientific Research Management
In addition to our technical expertise, we have a proven track record of efficient project management, agile methodologies, transparency in reporting, and clear and effective communication throughout the cycle of analysis, research, design and implementation.
Our clients praise our work, customer service, and innovative solutions.
2013 NIH Director’s Award
2014 NIH Director’s Award
2015 NIEHS Group Merit Award
What We Offer
Software Engineering & Application Development
Database Design & Modeling
Business Analytics & Intelligence
Business Process Automation
Programming Languages & Technologies
Microsoft SQL Server
Who We Work For
National Institute of Health
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
US Environmental Protection Agency
Want to work with us?
Senior ColdFusion Developer (Hibernate/Java) – Full Stack
Seeking an experienced, reliable ColdFusion developer to join Open Intelligence in support of our customers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The developer will be responsible for working closely with project stakeholders, managers and internal business analysts to develop new applications or tools, consolidate and/or integrate applications, develop interfaces with other systems/services, and expand the existing systems to also support other program areas.
Our technical work in support of public health is as complex as it is rewarding and our clients recognize the quality of work that we consistently deliver. The development team is kind, organized, respectful, and highly productive. If these are qualities that hold no value to you, please don’t apply for this position.
To be hired for this position you will need the following:
- Be good at what you do.
- Live in the Raleigh, NC area.
- Work in-office 3 days out of the week.
- Submit a cover letter stating why you are a proper fit for this position.
- Be good at what you do.
- Experience working with Oracle.
- Direct interaction with end users to troubleshoot issues and assist with use of applications.
- Must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities with the ability to manage time effectively
- Work with a variety of technologies and the ability to learn quickly
- Federal background investigation required for security/badging.
- 5+ years of CF experience
- 5+ years of experience with an MVC framework (Framework One preferred)
- 5+ years of advanced database experience with an RDBMS (Oracle preferred)
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design and analysis
- Integration and Unit testing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Federal background investigation.
- CF frameworks such as FW/1, Fusebox, and ColdSpring
- REACT and Angular frameworks
- ORM (Object-Relational Mapping)
- Experience working with JIRA
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- git (or similar version control system)
- Section 508 compliance for web applications
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently to meet deadlines
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
This is not a long-term remote position, you will work onsite once determined safe to do so.
- Health, vision, dental benefits.
- 15 days of PTO
- 10 Federal Holidays
- 401k with company matching
- Solid co-workers
- Office dog
1130 North Blount Street
Raleigh, NC 27604
Active SAM Registration
NAICS Code 541511
Custom Computer Programming Services
Primary CAGE Code 4PW84